Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to thoughtfully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability, improving city life in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott compromises a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. We’re looking for a Data Engineer with a strong experience and passion for building robust scalable infrastructures and discovering hidden patterns that can be leveraged to drive the micro-mobility business forward.
What you'll do
- Define, build and maintain data products infrastructure
- Create data models for business analytics and data science products
- Enable data-driven decision making through interactive dashboards and self-service analytics tools
- Build a deep understanding of the way people move through cities and create the systems that will help them move faster
- Mine and analyze data to find opportunities for development, product and process optimization
- Support in creating and maintaining business intelligence stack
- Work closely with business, product and engineering and strengthen data-driven thinking in the culture
What you'll need
- 5 years of experience in the field of data engineering
- Good understanding of different type of databases and use cases.
- Experience constructing ETL processes, both in batch and realtime
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with creating data modelling and managing data warehouses or data lakes
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques is a big plus
- Experience with Kafka and Flink is a big plus
- Experience working with the google cloud platform and BigQuery is a big plus
- A desire to work on data software that can have a positive impact on the environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical mindset
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills
- You are a quick learner, as the rapid growth of our business brings us new challenges all the time
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.