Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides, for everyone. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe. We’re looking for a Data Engineer with a strong experience and passion for building robust scalable infrastructures and discovering hidden patterns that can be leveraged to drive the micro-mobility business forward.
What you'll do
- Define, build and maintain data pipelines
- Create data models for the analysis of a high-volume of product analytics
- Enable data-driven decision making through interactive dashboards and self-service analytics tools
- Build a deep understanding of the way people move through cities and create the systems that will help them move faster
- Mine and analyze data to find opportunities for development, product and process optimization
- Support in creating and maintaining business intelligence stack
- Work closely with business, product and engineering and strengthen data-driven thinking in the culture
What you'll need
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of data engineering
- Experience constructing ETL processes, both in batch and realtime
- Expert in Python and SQL
- Experience with creating data modelling and managing data warehouses or data lakes
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques is a big plus
- Experience with Airflow is a big plus
- Experience working with the google cloud platform and BigQuery is a big plus
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together. We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.