Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. At Dott, analytics is at the heart of everything we do. We are searching for a leader who will drive data-centricity within Dott. In this role, you’ll manage a growing team of embedded analysts, across the full organisation. Your work will shape the way our organisation operates, working closely with executive leadership (COO, CFO, CMO and VPs of Product) to ensure all teams get the right analytical support.
What You'll Do
- People development: Manage, develop and scale a team of data analysts (currently 6FTE, growing), create processes and structures that drive knowledge sharing, career progression, and collaboration.
- Data Product Management: you’ll be the driving force behind the development of central analytical tools, like self-service analytics, AB-testing infrastructure or data discovery tools.
- Stakeholder Management: You’re a business partner to the product and executive leadership team. Ensure each organisation gets the analytical support they need and contribute to company strategy through high-level insights and communications.
- Data Storytelling: you will own the development, engagement and performance of our data visualisation stack. Right now we’re using Tableau, but we’re continuously looking for ways to improve our tooling
- Analytics Engineering: you work in close collaboration with the data engineering team to improve analytics engineering processes, drive the adoption of dbt to empower analysts building data models.
What You'll Need
- Msc in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Engineering, or comparable background
- 8+ years experience working in a data role, of which at least 4 in a people management position
- You have experience, and thrive, in a dynamic high growth environment
- You are fluent in SQL, able to get insights out of any data set
- You are highly proficient in data visualization, and have experience with multiple tools, You’ve built dashboards that are used company-wide over long periods of time
- You are a skilled storyteller, able to create compelling narratives and comfortable presenting to executive teams
- You’re a team player and know how to motivate others to produce their best work.
- You’re a creative thinker and problem solver, seeing opportunities where others do not.
- You have an in-depth understanding of data infrastructure, warehousing and ELT processes
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience working in a mobility company is a big plus
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.