Dott (emTransit B.V.) uses website cookies to personalize content, features, and to analyze traffic. Some third parties we work with may also set cookies on our website. Read our full Cookie Notice for all the details. You can always update which cookies you allow in the Settings.
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond. Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards. At Dott, our data scientists are active across a wide range of functions, offering both advanced analytical support to business stakeholders alongside building large scale data products to support operations. We’re a pragmatic team that likes to use the best tool for the job. We have active projects leveraging Machine Learning/AI alongside classical statistical modelling. We’re looking for versatile and curiosity driven data scientists to deepen and refine our modelling strategies in core areas such as fleet positioning, vehicle maintenance and financial fraud, alongside breaking new ground on use cases in other areas of the business. Collaboration is the key, you will be working closely with our team of experienced data scientists, engineers and analysts on problems with direct impact in day-to-day operations. Furthermore we like to work cross-functionally and keep responsive to the needs of our stakeholders in the business. Data science isn’t useful when done in a vacuum.
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively within the data science team on refining our existing data products, for example in geospatial demand forecasting or vehicle reliability monitoring where we have active applications and research programs.
- Help develop the engineering around our data science and Machine Learning pipelines, working end-to-end in delivering solutions.
- Get to know our operations intimately, be a problem solver and propose solutions where you see a need for advanced analytics.
- Leverage Google Cloud Platform for analytics and deploying data products.
What You'll Need
- 2-5 years of experience in a data science or analytics function.
- A masters degree in a quantitative field.
- A scientific mindset. Curiosity to understand complex systems and a drive to use that understanding to solve problems. We’re looking for someone with a good grip on their statistical fundamentals.
- Familiarity with SQL. Our data projects revolve around our BigQuery data warehouse.
- A solid understanding of python and an interest in building end-to-end data science products in the language.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment where change is the only constant
- Familiarity with plotly dash for analytical applications is a plus.
- Familiarity or an interest in learning probabilistic programming languages such as pyMC3 / STAN / (num)pyro is a big plus.
What’s in it for me? Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events. At Dott, we are passionate and challenge each other to deliver on our dreams. We constantly perfect our craft. We own our mission and keep pushing for the company, cities and planet. On that note, be prepared to take on exciting challenges. We operate a consumer service that sees millions of transactions every week. Our operations services are backed by deep machine learning, and our large fleet of vehicles features its own hardware and embedded software challenges. You’ll get to see it all, so come along for the ride. Closing & equal opportunities employer statement Come as you are Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees. Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
What drives us
We’re reshaping our cities to be cleaner and more livable. Discover how we do it.
Curious to see how things work in your city or somewhere nearby? Check out where we ride.
Hot off the press
Browse our blog for all the latest we’ve been working on with our colleagues and cities.